Given each of the questions below, check the most appropriate response.
Please enter your name
1. The three major personal influences believed to affect the consumer buying decision process are :
perception,motives , and attitudes
B) personality,learning and perception
C) emographic,situational and attitudes
D) situational,lifestyle and demographic
2. The purchase of ______ is least likely to be affected by gemographic factors
A) a car
B) table salt
C) a computer for home use
D) fast food
3. Buyers tend to remember information inputs that support their beliefs and forget inputs that do not. This is known as selective
4. If a consumer receives information that is inconsistent with her or his feeling or beliefs, the consumer may alter this information . This is known as selective
5. Psychological forces that influence where a person purchases products on a regular basis are called :
A) convenience responses
B) patronage motives
C) shopping motives
D) psttern responses
6. A depth interview is MOST likely to be used to :
A) alter a buyer's attitudes toward a product
influence a buyer's perceptions of a product
C) discover a buyer's motives
D) increase a buyer's knowledge of a product
7. Having used both Rexona and Denim deodorants , Anna feels that Sure is a good product and the one that best meets her needs. She has formed __________ about Sure
A) a motiv
B) an evoked set
C) a congnition
D) an attitude
8. A consumer's buying decisions are affected in part by the people around him or her. These people and the forces they exert on a buyer are called
9. Damien is torm between buying a new swing set for his children and buying a new set of Wilson golf clubs for himself. He is experiencing :
10. Which one of the following is MOST likely to be a product for which both the purchasing decision and the brand decision are strongly influenced by reference groups ?
11. The car company developed a concept statement , "An inexpensive subcompact" green car appealing to environmentally conscious people who want practical transportation and low pollution.". The concept statement would be used
to develop concepts
for cencept testing
to prepare for idea acreening
to help generate new ideas
12. How does a company estimate sales ?
it examines past sales history of similar products
it conducts market research to survey consumers
it discusses manufacturing capacity with the plant manager
A and B
13. The strategy used during maturity to attempt to increase the consumption of the current product is called
marketing mix modification
14. As a product manager on a product in the mature stages of the product lifecycle, what should you specifically do to best market your product ?
defend against competitive marketing tactics
prepare to duscontinue the product
modify the product , market and the marketing mix
increase sampling programs
15. Setting prices as low as possible typically supports which of the following marketing objectives ?
current profit maximization
16. Compaq Computer Corporation determined at what price they had to sell a computer for it to appeal to its target market. It then designed a computer with the cost structure to meet the targeted price. This is called
A) a non-price position
B) partial cost recovery
C) social price
D) target costing
17. The assistant category manager was told to use cost-plus pricing to evaluate the profit potential of new roducts. This involves
A) setting prices to reach a specific rate of return
B) adding a satndard markup to the cost of the product
C) pricing products with the buyer's sense of value in mind
D) basing the prices on what the competition charges
18. Before setting his prices , Zach conducted a market research study to learn what consumers would pay. Zach appears to be using which type of pricing method ?
A) cost -plus
B) targer profit
C) value -based
D) going - rate
19. Whenb automobile manufactures offer options in specially priced deals, they are practicing a form of
A) product-line pricing
B) product -bundle pricing
C) captive-product pricing
D) by-product pricing
20. Which , if any of the following are reasons producers use intermediaries ?
A) because of their greater eiificiency in marking goods available to targer markets
B) because of their contacts and experience with retailers
C) because of their specialization in delivering goods as needed
D) All A, B and C
21. What is Backup ?
A) Adding more components to your network
B) Protecting data by copying it from the original source to a different destination
Filtering old data from the new data
D) Accessing data on tape
22. Network components are connected to the same cable in the __________ topology.
23. Two or more computers connected to each other for sharing information form a
24. A computer checks the ______ of user name and passwords for a match before granting access .
C) backup file
25. Computers thar are portable and convenient for users who travels are know as
D) file servers
26. What is the term for unsolicited e-mail ?
27. What type of program controls the various computer parts and allows the user to interact with the computer ?
A) Utility software
B) Operating software
C) Word Processing software
D) Database programe
28. Each cell in Microsoft Office Excel Document is reffered to by its cell address, which is the
A) cell's coloumn lable
B) cell's colokn label and worksheet tab name
C) cell's row lable
D) cell's row and column labels
29. Which of the follwoing is true?
A) byte is a single digit in a binary number
B) bit represents a grouping of digiral number
C) eight-digit binary number is called a byte
D) eight-digit binary number is called a bit
30. Office LANs that are spread geographically apart on a large scale can be connected using a corporate
31. What is the process of copying software programes from secondary storage media to the hard disk called ?
32. The code for Web Page is written using
A) a fifth generation language
D) Hypertext Markup Language
33. Small Apploication programs that run on a Web page and may ensure a form is completed properaly of provide animation are known as
34. In a relational database , this is a data structure that organizes the information about a single topic into row annd columns.
35. The first computers were programmed using
A) assembly language
B) machine language
C) source code
D) object code
36. When the pointer is positioned on a_______ it is shaped like a hand
A) grammar error
C) screen tip
D) spelling error
37. Which process checks to ensure the components of the computer are operating and connceted properly ?
38. Which of the follwoing keys of personal computers is not available in the key board of traditionaly typewriters ?
39. Computers use the _______number system to store data and perform calculations.
40. Which of the following is the largest unit of storage ?
41. The ________ tells the computer how to use its components .
C) operating system
D) application program
42. What menu is selected to cut, copy and paste ?
43. To move to the beginining of a line of text, press the _______ key.
C) page up
44. When sending an e-mail , the ______ line describes the contents of the message.
45. Virtual Memory is
A) memory on the hard disk that the CPU uses as an extended RAM
B) in RAM
C) only necessary if you do not have any RAM in your computer
D) a back up device for floppy disks
46. Changing an existing document is called ________ the document
47. The blinking symbol on the computer screen is called the _________
48. Microsoft Office is ______
B) Public-domain software
C) Open -source software
D) An application suite
49. Computers connceted to a LAN ( Local Area Network ) can
A) run faster
B) go online
C) share information and / or share peripheral equipment
50. How are data organized in a spreadsheet ?
A) Lines and spaces
B) Layers and Planes
C) Height and width
D) Rows and columns